We know that we do a lot of juggling in April. During these weeks I’m trying to make some of our important work easier.
Last week, we looked at setting up new leaders to start well in the fall. Today, I want us to consider the important task of sending seniors out from our movements well.
As someone once put it, “You’ve worked with them for 4 years, now set them up for the next 40!”
If your seniors went to some kind of sent conference, they may have heard this. But you can equip them well by pointing them to Life on Mission.
Here is an overview of the site. “So What Can I Find on Life on Mission?”
Here are a few highlights.
- Decision Making Suite, offers a structured way to think through future options, incorporating the 5 Things.
- Missional Coaching Toolbox, provides some very specific help in having a ministry in the marketplace. One tool offering encouraging perspective by an alum is called Ministry Beyond Ministry.
- The 18 Month Roadmap is a practical guide for the first year and a half after graduation.
Some time ago, our team took 20 minutes to explore all the features of Life on Mission. Why not take some time in a staff meeting to work though the site together and decide who is equipping each graduating senior?
Previous Coaching Tips
- Andy Stanley’s Looking for the Uniquely Better.
- Beginning the Year Checklist.
- A tension: Only the interested or every person?
- Next Steps with the Each and the Every.
- Can Incoming Freshmen Launch?
- Caring for our People.
- The Network Map.
- The First Coaching Call.
- Collaborative Discipleship.
- Developing Leaders with Different Personalities.
- Two Simple Leadership Development Constructs.
- How to Finish When You Can’t See the Finish Line.
- Uh oh! Now what?
- Key Volunteer Challenge.
- Launch Week Side Benefits.
- A Launch Trip Offers Team Benefits.
- Advent Devotionals.
- December Checklist.
- Mention Spring Break Opportunities Now.
- Gap Year.
- Engaging Spiritually with Friends and Family Over Break.
- Prayer, Evangelism, Biblical Content, and Community. Parts 1 & 2.
- Students learning from other student leaders.
- Removing Hurdles to Volunteer Involvement.
- Ministry as microcosm or ecosystem?
- Articulating vision.
- “Can I get in on this?”
- Ministry even on snow days.
- A 2000 voice virtual choir.
- The “traffic light rule”.
- “I Can Only Imagine” opportunity.
- Believing that God is already at work.
- Juggling in April.
- A Volunteer Leading in Hawai’i.
- Passing the Baton.