It’s April! There is a lot to do this month. Some campuses will be done before the end of the month. And some summer missions start the first week of May.
How are you at juggling? You have a fair amount to juggle during this last month of the spring semester. You are trying to end the semester well. You are thinking about the summer. And you are already planning for next year.
Here is a list with some helpful resources.
- Recruit new leaders and pass the baton.
- One more big evangelistic push.
- Potential launching in a new context.
- Gather and submit movement indicators.
- Evaluate the year.
- Send Seniors and Others well.
- Celebrate God’s working.
- Appreciation—Customer Relations.
- Final Summer Mission and Summer Connect recruiting. (If listed, it’s still open. Specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Summer Survival and how to minister back home this summer.
- Planning for next year.
- Plan Freshman Orientation activities.
- Goal setting.
- Student organization details like Constitution, Charter, recognition and scheduling.
A few perspectives on this busy time.
Recall the old adage about how you eat an elephant—one bite at a time! You don’t want to give that whole list to your leaders all at once. You’ll want to prioritize these and then coach them through this in the time remaining this spring.
One way you can help your leaders own all that needs to be done is to have them brainstorm what they think needs to be done. That’s better than springing a list on them like I just did! Let’s just say that I gave you “The Answers”!
Previous Coaching Tips
- Andy Stanley’s Looking for the Uniquely Better.
- Beginning the Year Checklist.
- A tension: Only the interested or every person?
- Next Steps with the Each and the Every.
- Can Incoming Freshmen Launch?
- Caring for our People.
- The Network Map.
- The First Coaching Call.
- Collaborative Discipleship.
- Developing Leaders with Different Personalities.
- Two Simple Leadership Development Constructs.
- How to Finish When You Can’t See the Finish Line.
- Uh oh! Now what?
- Key Volunteer Challenge.
- Launch Week Side Benefits.
- A Launch Trip Offers Team Benefits.
- Advent Devotionals.
- December Checklist.
- Mention Spring Break Opportunities Now.
- Gap Year.
- Engaging Spiritually with Friends and Family Over Break.
- Prayer, Evangelism, Biblical Content, and Community. Parts 1 & 2.
- Students learning from other student leaders.
- Removing Hurdles to Volunteer Involvement.
- Ministry as microcosm or ecosystem?
- Articulating vision.
- “Can I get in on this?”
- Ministry even on snow days.
- A 2000 voice virtual choir.
- The “traffic light rule”.
- “I Can Only Imagine” opportunity.
- Believing that God is already at work.
- Different Cultural Frames of Reference.