If you’re like me, you have a ton going on right now. I’m writing this in an airport on Saturday, headed home after a four day conference. I’m watching my own to-do list grow.
Recruiting is still in full swing for the Winter conference. You might be thinking about Christmas outreaches and how to end the semester well. You know you need to think about the spring semester, Spring Break opportunities and you’re encouraging your students to ask parents over break about going on a summer mission. Oh, and you probably are working on your end-of-the-year ask, doing Christmas cards, and some shopping and parties…Gotta do the parties!
If you are trying to remember all you have to do, maybe this checklist will help.
- Keep encouraging people to attend.
- Help with fund raising.
- Arrange rides.
- Exchange email and cell phone numbers.
- Finalize plans.
Summer Mission Opportunities.
- Bookmark the Summer Missions page.
- Encourage all to talk with parents during break about going.
End the semester well.
- Christmas party. Invite International Students. It’s a great way for them to learn about this holiday.
- Take the time to praise God for what He has done this semester.
- Gather movement indicators and enter them.
Review plans for the Spring semester.
- Try to reserve the same room you met in this fall for consistency.
- Reserve a place and the time during the first week of classes to do a campus wide survey.
- Print off posters and flyers to advertise your weekly meetings.
- Consider an evangelistic event each month.
- Replace leaders graduating with new ones.
Prepare students to have a regular devotionals and prayer times during the break.
That last one is really important. You will want to prepare your students for the break and their time home. The advent season can be a very worshipful and celebratory time and a great way to have gospel conversations with friends and family as we focus on Christ’s coming on our behalf. But it can also be a time of letdown for many students if they go home to the rush-rush or less than favorable family situations. For all of us, the time spent in the Word is vital.
If this list is helpful for you, I’ve created a shareable Google Doc that you can copy to your drive and add your own tasks so that it works for you.
Fall Coaching Tips
- Andy Stanley’s Looking for the Uniquely Better.
- Beginning the Year Checklist.
- A tension: Only the interested or every person?
- Next Steps with the Each and the Every.
- Can Incoming Freshmen Launch?
- Caring for our People.
- The Network Map.
- The First Coaching Call.
- Collaborative Discipleship.
- Developing Leaders with Different Personalities.
- Two Simple Leadership Development Constructs.
- How to Finish When You Can’t See the Finish Line.
- Uh oh! Now what?
- Key Volunteer Challenge.
- Launch Week Side Benefits.
- A Launch Trip Offers Team Benefits.
- Advent Devotionals.