One of the many priorities we have in campus ministry at this time of year is preparing students for the summer.
“Let’s face it. Summers can pose a major challenge to our faith and obedience to Christ.”
So begins the first article in the Summer Survival Guide.
Summers can be:
- a very spiritually isolating time because you are away from the environment and friends that have helped you grow spiritually this past school year.
- or a great experience as you see your faith tested and increased and take some key steps on your own (1 Peter 1:17)
What makes the difference? The decisions you and your students make now can put them in a position of advantage and strength going into the summer. “As a Christian, we can embrace challenges the summer brings because we recognize the opportunity to trust God in new ways and see our faith grow in ways that we would have never seen otherwise.”
The Summer Survival Guide provides perspective and resources to help make the difference. The introductory article of the survival kit tells about three essentials with practical helps and further resources:
- the right fellowship
- daily time with God and His Word
Personal growth happens when there is the right combination of personal desire and conducive environment. Both are needed. Many of our students will be going back into less than ideal environments. Let’s do the best job we can to prepare all of our students to grow in Christ this summer.
Spring Coaching Tips
- All good things start (again) with Jesus.
- A Staff Team Pioneering a New Campus Together.
- Select Next Year’s Leadership Now.
- A new 31 Day Experiment.
- Natural mode launching.
- Top Ten Myths About Sharing Your Faith.
- 25 Ways to Keep the World Before Your Students.
- Balancing Relationships.
- Noticing Your Way Into Spiritual Conversations.
- Understanding Change.
- Hove and Holleman’s “A Grander Story.”
- First, prayer.
- Where we’re seeing both fast starts and fast growth.
- “Better than my dreams.”
- Becoming not ashamed of the Gospel.
- The First Two Weeks in the Fall.
Selected Tips from Fall 2016
- “Act as if it were true”.
- Ways a coach helps.
- Did you know…?
- Movement Leadership Forms.
- Ministry beyond ministry.
- Launch and Build Bridges Movements.
- Future Teachers Living Missionally.
- A Destino Multiple Movements Case Study.
- Freshman Takeover Night.
- Some ways to build student leadership.