If you’re like me, you have a ton going on right now. I’m writing this in an airport on Saturday, in between two four day-long meetings. I’m watching my own to-do list grow.
Recruiting is still in full swing for the Winter conference. You might be thinking about Christmas outreaches and how to end the semester well. You know you need to think about the spring semester, Spring Break opportunities and you’re encouraging your students to ask parents over break about going on a summer mission. Oh, and you probably are working on your end-of-the-year ask, doing Christmas cards, and some shopping and parties…Gotta do the parties!
If you are trying to remember all you have to do, maybe this checklist will help.
- Keep encouraging people to attend.
- Help with fund raising.
- Arrange rides.
- Exchange email and cell phone numbers.
- Finalize plans.
Summer Mission Opportunities.
- Bookmark the Summer Missions page.
- Encourage all to talk with parents during break about going.
End the semester well.
- Christmas party. Invite International Students. It’s a great way for them to learn about this holiday.
- Take the time to praise God for what He has done this semester.
- Gather movement indicators and enter them.
Review plans for the Spring semester.
- Try to reserve the same room you met in this fall for consistency.
- Reserve a place and the time during the first week of classes to do a campus wide survey.
- Print off posters and flyers to advertise your weekly meetings.
- Consider an evangelistic event each month.
- Replace leaders graduating with new ones.
Prepare students to have a regular devotionals and prayer times during the break.
That last one is really important. You will want to prepare your students for the break and their time home. The advent season can be a very worshipful and celebratory time and a great way to have gospel conversations with friends and family as we focus on the Christ’s coming on our behalf. But it can also be a time of letdown for many students if they go home to the rush-rush or less than favorable family situations. For all of us, the time spent in the Word is vital.
Fall 2016 Coaching Tips
- “Act as if it were true”.
- Beginning the Campus Year Checklist.
- Ways a coach helps.
- Engaging South Asian Students.
- Did you know…?
- Using Summer Connect Content this Fall.
- Destino Connecting Culture and the Gospel.
- I’m listening to you.
- Movement Leadership Forms.
- Outreach in real and virtual contexts.
- Ministry beyond ministry.
- Launch and Build Bridges Movements.
- Future Teachers Living Missionally.
- A Destino Multiple Movements Case Study.
- Freshman Takeover Night.
- Some ways to build student leadership.
- Christmas Advent ideas.