Last week a couple of us met with a pastor of a local church planning to implement Prayer/Care/Share with his congregation. Lots of organizations use the strategy. And we do too.
One simple approach is to devote two weeks for each, prayer two weeks, care two weeks, and outreach two weeks. You could even use the six weeks to build up to some campus wide outreach.
Obviously, there are lots of tools you could use, but here are a few ideas for training your students.
- Some prayer exercises for the campus.
- Compile a top 10 list.
- Missional Map.
- Praying for the Lost.
- God’s Heart for Those Who Don’t Know Him.
- Being a Good Neighbor.
- Possible questions to explore where they are on their spiritual journey.
- Being an Explorer.
- “Sometime” Overview and Guide.
- “I wonder” questions from God Space by Doug Pollock.
- Why We Share the Gospel.
- The Big Six Questions Clarifying Knowing God Personally.
- Personal Testimony and Snippets of spiritual conversations.
- Three Modes of Evangelism video.
- This one is new. Download the My Cru phone app. In one of the options, Cru Reset, access “4 Steps To Share Your Faith”. It’s all free and easy to access.
So if you are looking for a something to rally everyone in your movements toward outreach around simple actions, you may want to think about Prayer/Care/Share.
Fall Coaching Tips
- “Act as if it were true.”
- Beginning the Campus Year Checklist.
- Ways a coach helps.
- Engaging South Asian Students
Summer Tip Series
- “Organic Church” by Neil Cole.
- “The Tipping Point” by Malcolm Gladwell.
- “I Once Was Lost” by Don Everts and Doug Schaupp.
- “The Starfish and the Spider” by Brafman and Beckstrom.
- “Go, following Jesus to the ends of the earth.” by Dave Dishman.
- “God Space” by Doug Pollock.
- “A Cry of Hope, A Call to Action” by Charles Gilmer.
- “Outliers: The Story of Success” by Malcolm Gladwell