This is always a busy time of the year. We want to end the year well. There’s set-up for summer ministry and assignments. And we have fall preparations to make.
Last year in this column, I posted an end of the year to do list. It was rather daunting. But many found it helpful.
Here is this year’s list with some helpful resources.
- Recruit new leaders and pass the baton.
- One more big evangelistic push.
- Potential launching in a new context.
- Gather and submit movement indicators.
- Evaluate the year.
- Send Seniors and Others.
- Celebrate God’s working.
- Appreciation—Customer Relations.
- Final Summer Mission, Trek, and Summer Connect recruiting. (If listed, it’s still open. Specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Summer Survival and how to minister back home this summer.
- Planning for next year.
- Plan Freshman Orientation activities.
- Goal setting.
- Student organization details like Constitution, Charter, recognition and scheduling.
A few perspectives on this busy time.
Recall the old adage about how you eat an elephant—one bite at a time! You don’t want to give that whole list to your leaders all at once. You’ll want to prioritize these and then coach them through this in the four to six weeks remaining this Spring.
One way you can help your leaders own all that needs to be done is to have them brainstorm what they think needs to be done. That’s better than what I just did to you by giving you a list! Let’s just say that I gave you “The Answers”!!