This is a busy time of year. Many of us are working on end of the year fund raising. Christmas is approaching with all the shopping, parties, cards and worship experiences that go along with it. And then there is the end of the semester wrap-up for our campuses.As we think about finishing strong, we want to keep several things in mind as we coach our student and volunteer leaders:
- Christmas Winter Conferences.
- Finish recruiting, their letter writing strategy for raising funds and planning transportation.
- Encourage your students to do some simple and meaningful Christmas outreaches.
- Prepare your students for the break and their time home. The advent season can be a very worshipful and celebratory time as we focus on the Christ’s coming on our behalf. But it can also be a time of letdown for many students if they go home to the rush rush or less than favorable family situations. For all of us, the time spent in the Word is vital.
- Gather emails and phone numbers for students so that you can stay in touch over the Christmas break.
- Remind them about Summer Opportunities and encourage them to talk with their parents about going.
- Start to think about evaluating the first semester.
This quote was in our church’s newspaper yesterday.
“God is not ashamed of human lowliness. He enters right into it. He chooses a human being to be His instrument and works His wonders where they are least expected.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer.